College Bound AZ’s Comprehensive Approach To Learning
College expectations are set early
- Our Junior High School Academy reaches out to 8th grade students to expose them to workshops on college preparation each week. Workshops are held on the school campus but are different from the traditional classroom environment. Topics include personal and career exploration and community service. Students are encouraged to transition to the High School Academy serving grades 9 through 12
- Students work with mentors who maintain contact and provide guidance throughout high school and into college. Workshops cover more than college preparation and teach students public speaking, personal finance, interview skills and other personal development topics.
- College preparation workshops include:
- Grade Point Average Management
- Community service and extracurricular activities
- University track classes
- ACT/SAT preparation and completion
- Resumes, Letters of Recommendation and personal essay completion
- Application completion for scholarships, college entrance, and FAFSA
High support ensures success
Students work with mentors who maintain contact and provide guidance throughout high school and into college. Workshops cover more than college guidance as students learn public speaking, personal finance, interview skills and other personal development topics. We created the Senior Success Track to streamline the process of getting into college. Here students receive 1-on-1 assistance getting into the college of their choice.
Since its founding in 2010, College Bound AZ has reached over 400 low income students, creating a successful pipeline for local colleges and helping over 20 students each year get into college. Our first college graduation was in December 2013 when a student graduated with her Bachelor’s degree. She was the first in her family to graduate college.
Over 90% of our students go to college right after high school.
Each year students garner between $100,000 and $300,000 in scholarships and financial assistance.