Ways to Help
Spread the Word
Help us raise awareness about Education Equity and the potential of low income students. Join us on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, or LINKEDIN and share updates with your network.
Provide guidance, support and share your stories with a College Bound AZ student to help them meet their goals. There are after school opportunities Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Saturday opportunities.
Present a Class
Help provide life skills to students and educate parents by offering a workshop based on your expertise in areas like finance, writing, successful study habits or specific career fields. Lesson plans for each workshop have been prepared that you can customize based on your experience.
Spanish translation for our literature or at our parent meetings will help by allowing Spanish-speaking parents to participate fully.
Provide a Job Shadow or Internship Opportunity
Students who are provided the experience of a workplace see their future more clearly and are more competitive for college.
Become a Mentor
You have the opportunity to make a difference in a young person’s life. With your help, you will see them grow and learn. You will become part of their success.
- Email or call your mentee once a week
- Meet face-to-face with your mentee once a month for a 10-month period
- Assist in them signing up for Remind and FaceBook updates as well as in reviewing resumes
- Discuss with them The Critical Path to coach them on their progress
- Encourage continuous learning and problem solving
- Attend the graduation and recognize your student
What Does It Take To Be A Mentor
- The ability and desire to work with youth (ages 14-24) from diverse backgrounds
- A positive attitude and good listening skills
- The willingness to share your knowledge and experiences
- Patience, understanding, and a sense of humor